- Associate Professor
Xiaonan Shi, Associate professor, at Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
Research Interests: Watershed hydrology and mass transport in water (including solution, sediment, and stable isotope), by focusing on the model theory, process and mechanism, and application;
Business Address: Lincui Road 16#, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China
Sept. 2006 to Jan. 2010, Ph.D, Agricultural Soil and Water Engineering, China Agricultural University
Sept. 2003 to Apr. 2006, M.E., Agriculture Soil and Water Engineering, Xi’an University of Technology
Sept. 1999 to Jul. 2003, B.E., Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Xi’an University of Technology
Jun. 2016-present, Associate Professor, Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research, CAS
Jul. 2012- Jun. 2016, Assistant Professor, Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research, CAS
Mar. 2010-Jun. 2012, Post doctor, Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research, CAS
Sep. 2007-Mar. 2009, Visiting Scholar, University of California, Riverside.
- Xiaonan Shi, Fan Zhang, Xixi Lu, Zhaoyin Wang, Tongliang Gong, Guanxing Wang, Hongbo Zhang. Spatiotemporal variations of suspended sediment transport in the upstream and midstream of the Yarlung Tsangpo River (the upper Brahmaputra), China. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. 2018, 43(2): 432-443.
- Xiaonan Shi, Tingwu Lei, Yan Yan, Fan Zhang. 2016. Determination and Impact Factor Analysis of Hydrodynamic Dispersion Coefficient within a Gravel Layer Using an Electrolyte Tracer Method, International Soil and Water Conservation Research. 4: 87-92
- Xiaonan Shi, Tingwu Lei, Fan Zhang, Yan Yan. 2015. Velocity Measurement of Water Flow within Gravel Layer with Electrolyte Tracer Method under Virtual Boundary Condition. Journal of Hydrology. 527: 387-393
- Xiaonan Shi, Fan Zhang, Lide Tian, Daniel R. Joswiak, Chen Zeng, Dongmei Qu. 2014. Tracing contributions to hydro-isotopic differences between two adjacent lakes in the southern Tibetan Plateau. Hydrol. Process. 28, 5503– DOI: 10.1002/hyp.10051.
- Xiaonan Shi, Fan Zhang, Tingwu Lei. 2012. Measuring Shallow Water Velocity with Virtual Input Signal in the Electrolyte Tracer Method. Journal of Hydrology. 452-453: 712-179.
- Xiaonan Shi, Weiping Chen, Fan Zhang, Laosheng Wu. 2012. Simulating Bromide Transport from Soil to Overland Flow: Application and Evaluation of Interfacial Diffusion-controlled Model. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering. 17(5). 628-634.
- Xiaonan Shi, Fan Zhang. 2012. A preliminary study on measurement of sediment concentration in hill-slope runoff with electrolyte tracer. Terrestrial, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences. 23(5): 597-604.
- Xiaonan Shi, Laosheng Wu, Weiping Chen, Quanjiu Wang. 2011. Solute Transfer from the Soil Surface to the Overland Flow: A Review. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 75(4): 1214-1225.
- Xiaonan Shi, Tingwu Lei, Weisheng Xia. 2010. Advanced method for measuring velocity of shallow flow on hill-slope with an electrolyte tracer. Transactions of the CSAE, 26(5): 65-70.
- Xiaonan Shi, Quanjiu Wang, Guoqin Huang. 2010. The Effect of the Fertilize Methods on Water and Fertilizer Distribution. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation. 24(1): 191-196.
- Xiaonan Shi, Quanjiu Wang, Xin Wang, et al. 2006. Adaptability of Different Reference Evapo-transpiration Estimation Methods in Xinjiang Region. Transactions CSAE, 22(6): 19-23.
- Xiaonan Shi, Quanjiu Wang, Ying Su. 2005. Effects of Slight Salt Water Quality on the Characteristics of Soil Water and Salt Transference. Arid Land Geography, 28(4): 516-520.
- Xiaonan Shi, Quanjiu Wang, Long Ju. 2007. Parameters of Philip and Green-Ampt Models for Soils Infiltrated with Brackish. Acta Pedologica Sinica. 44(2): 185-188.
- Hongbo Zhang, Fan Zhang, Xiaonan Shi, Chen Zeng, D.-S. Shih, G.T. Yeh, D.R. Joswiak. Influence of River Channel Geometry in Stream Flow Modeling and Guidelines for Field Investigation. Hydrological Processes. 2013, 28, 2630-2638
- Abbas E. Rahma, Tingwu Lei, Xiaonan Shi, Yuequn Dong, Shumei Zhou, Jun Zhao. Measuring flow velocity under straw mulch using the improved electrolyte tracer method, Journal of Hydrology, 2013, 495: 121-125
- Tingwu Lei, Yan Yan, Xiaonan Shi, Ruiyuan Chuo, Jun Zhao. Measuring velocity of water flow within a gravel layer using an electrolyte tracer method with a Pulse Boundary Model, Journal of Hydrology, 2013, 500: 37-44
- Fan Zhang, G.T. Yeh, J.C. Parker, Hongbo Zhang, Xiaonan Shi, C. Wang, A reaction based river/stream water quality model: reaction network decomposition and model application, Terrestrial, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, 2012, 23(5): 605-620
- Tingwu Lei, Ruiyuan Chuo, Jun Zhao, Xiaonan Shi and Lin Liu. 2010. An Improved Method for Shallow Water Flow Velocity Measurement with Practical Electrolyte Input. Journal of Hydrology. 390(1-2): 45-56.
- Quanjiu Wang, Haiyan Ye, Xiaonan Shi, Ying Su. 2004. Influence of Initial Water Content on Slight Saline Water Infiltration. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, 18(1): 51-53.
- Donghao Ma, Quanjiu Wang, Ying Su, Xiaonan Shi. 2006. Analysis of the Characteristics of Soil Water and Salt Movement in Saline Water Infiltration．Journal of Irrigation and Drainage, 25(1): 62-66.
- Long Ju, Quanjiu Wang, Linfang Wang, Xiaonan Shi. 2007. Effects of Irrigation Amounts on Yield of Winter Wheat and Distribution Characteristics of Soil Water-salt in Semi-arid Land. Transactions of the CSAE, 23(1): 86-90.
- Ying Su, Quanjiu Wang, Haiyan Ye, Xiaonan Shi. 2005. Research of Soil Water and Salt Transport Feature for Alternative Irrigation of Fresh and Saline Water. Journal of Irrigation and Drainage, 24(1): 50-53.
- Ying Su, Quanjiu Wang, Haiyan Ye, Xiaonan Shi. 2005. Study on Water and Salt Transporting Feature of Soil with Different Infiltration Amount of Saline Water. Agriculture Research in the Arid Areas. 23(4): 43-48.
- Fan Zhang, Gour-Tsyh (George) Yeh, and Jack.C. Parker (Editors.), Xiaonan Shi (Copy editor). 《Ground Water Reactive Transport Models》, Bentham Science Publishers. ISBN: 978-1-60805-306-3, 2012.
Country patent of invention
- Tingwu Lei, Xiaonan Shi, Jun Zhao. Method and system for shallow water flow velocity measurement along hill slope. ZL201210165464.9, 2012.5.24
- Tingwu Lei, Ruiyuan Chuo, Jun Zhao, Xiaonan Shi. Electrolyte tracer method for shallow water flow velocity measurement. ZL201010171521.5, 2010.5.7
- National natural science fund project, 41571274, Study on hill-slope runoff and sediment processes by meltwater and/or rainfall in the Tibetan Plateau and the model simulation, 2016/01-2019/12, RMB￥952, 000, PI;
- National natural science fund project, 41230746, Study on the Mechanism of Soil Erosion by Snow-melting Runoff in the High Altitude and Cold Regions of China and the Processes Simulation, 2013/01-2017/12, RMB￥300,000, Co-PI;
- National natural science fund project, 41101252, Study on transport processes of hill-slope soil solution into surface runoff and the model simulation, 2012/01-2014/12, RMB￥270,000, PI;
- China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, 20110490638, Measurement of sediment content in hill-slope shallow water flow using the electrolyte tracer method, 2012/01-2013/12, RMB￥30,000 , PI.